LOCATION: Houston or Austin
- Work within a team of engineers to design, implement, and validate Ignition SCADA Systems and third-party data collection engines.
- Configure and test communication protocols such as Modbus, OPC, Ethernet, and MQTT.
- Configure and develop SQL queries and stored procedures based on requirements.
- Communicate effectively and proactively to teams on any concerns, problems, or technical discussions that impact project.
- Provide support and enhancements of an existing Ignition SCADA system, SQL database, Vision & Perspective screens, and Scripts.
- Follow best-practices and guidelines for developing intelligent UDT's for an Ignition system.
- Participate and perform FAT, SAT, and on-site commissioning.
- Work within an office environment part of a team
- Document solutions and code developed within a project
- 1+ Years' Experience in developing and deploying Inductive Automation Ignition SCADA Systems
- Installation of Production and Backup Environments
- Gateway and Project Configurations
- Vision and Perspective User Interface Development and Configuration
- Developing Reports and Configuring Delivery Methods
- Configuring Alarms to meet Industry Guidelines
- Developing scripts using the Ignition API
- Proven Experience in developing scripts using Python
- Proven Experience in designing and deploying SQL databases and developing stored procedures.
- Detailed-oriented and results driven individual with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to be a significant contributor on a team executing projects.
- Have an engineering mindset with a focus on service.
- Four-year technical degree in engineering and technology or five-year relevant work experience
- Inductive Automation Ignition Core or Gold Certification a plus
- Performance bonus
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
- Career Growth Opportunities and Training
- A requirement of working for TIGA is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in the U.S. A copy of a valid work permit may be required.
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some TIGA positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions.
- Periodic travel within the U.S. to client sites and regional TIGA offices will be required
- Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing and background checks may be required for our client worksites
In addition to rewarding job opportunities and continuous growth, we offer an enjoyable working environment, where teamwork and respectful collaboration is highly valued. We offer the benefits of a midsized local office atmosphere backed by a large network of highly skilled professionals.
TIGA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among TIGA’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties, including women; Indigenous persons; members of visible minority groups; and persons with disabilities.