Instrumentation and Control Engineer
LOCATION: Lafayette, LA or Houston, TX
We are currently searching for Instrumentation / Controls Engineers to join our team. This role is a fast-paced, challenging position in designing, programming, and commissioning instrumentation and automation control systems for industrial clients. The ideal candidate enjoys working as a team player in an office environment and seeing the work followed through at onsite visits.
- Work as an instrumentation and controls member of a multi-discipline design team with project teams in multiple offices.
- Developing control strategies, provide input to P&IDs, control system specifications, termination diagrams, commissioning plans.
- Design, specification and integration of complete automation systems including PLC, HMI, DCS, and communication networks.
- Participation in control panel design and generation of bill of materials, cabling, PLC and HMI programming, and commissioning for commercial and industrial facilities.
- Performing FAT, pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
- Ensuring that all of their work is properly checked in accordance with Tetra Tech and outside applicable Standards & Procedures.
- Collecting field information, equipment specification, drawing development, material take-offs, cost estimate input, schedule input, HAZOP participation, code review, technical studies, report preparation, commissioning, operator and maintenance staff training.
- Prepare instrumentation and controls construction work packages.
- Coordinating activities with Project Managers and Technical Engineers of all disciplines.
- Responsible for adhering to all health and safety policies and guidelines.
- Travel - Ranges from occasional (one day trips) to frequent (two to three day trips), with travel time often concentrated in bunches.
- 5 to 10 years of progressive experience as an Instrumentation & Controls Engineer is preferred
- Hardware/software troubleshooting skills
- Experience with instrumentation design
- Experience with ABB, Honeywell, or Emerson DCS and/or GE, Schneider/Modicon or Rockwell PLC products considered an asset
- Fluency in one or more control system languages will be considered an asset
- Experience in HMI development considered an asset
- Experience with industrial network design and implementation including Ethernet/IP, DeviceNet, and Modbus TCP
- Experience in Wireless Mesh Network design considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills required for internal team interfaces and client liaison
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to adapt to new projects and quickly understand the defined scope
- Work experience in the oil and gas sectors considered an asset
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Adherence to safety policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Chemical or Instrumentation and Controls Engineering
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Louisiana
- Formal training from control system vendor or industry software tools considered an asset
- Performance bonus
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
- Career Growth Opportunities and Training
- A requirement of working for TIGA is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in the U.S. A copy of a valid work permit may be required.
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some TIGA positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions.
- Periodic travel within the U.S. to client sites and regional TIGA offices will be required
- Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing and background checks may be required for our client worksites
In addition to rewarding job opportunities and continuous growth, we offer an enjoyable working environment, where teamwork and respectful collaboration is highly valued. We offer the benefits of a midsized local office atmosphere backed by a large network of highly skilled professionals.
TIGA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among TIGA’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties, including women; Indigenous persons; members of visible minority groups; and persons with disabilities.