Control Systems Engineer
LOCATION: Greater Houston
- Work as an instrumentation and controls team member for municipal water and wastewater projects
- Developing control strategies, provide input to P&IDs, control system specifications, termination diagrams, commissioning plans.
- Design, specification and integration of complete automation systems including PLC, HMI, DCS, and communication networks.
- Participation in control panel design and generation of bill of materials, cabling, PLC and HMI programming, and commissioning for commercial and industrial facilities.
- Performing FAT, pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
- Ensuring that all of their work is properly checked in accordance with Standards & Procedures.
- Coordinating activities with Project Managers and Technical Engineers.
- Responsible for adhering to all health and safety policies and guidelines.
- Travel - Ranges from occasional (two to three-day trips) to frequent (one day trips), with travel time often concentrated in bunches.
- Lead and Execute Allen Bradley PLC based Control System Projects for a team of 5 Engineers.
- Design Control System Architecture to include Allen Bradley Control Logix PLC's. In addition, the candidate must be familiar with Siemens Simatic 505 Hardware and Programming tools.
- Perform control system troubleshooting of legacy SIMATIC 505 hardware and play role in Migration of system to Rockwell PLC and either IFIX, VtSCADA or Wonderware HMI’s.
- Design and support implementation of secure control system network.
- Train and mentor project engineers throughout the project lifecycle.
- Directly interface with clients and company management to report project status, risks and resolutions.
- Work as a project lead with direct interaction to Customer Stakeholders.
- Candidate should be familiar with Mission Critical Infrastructure
- Candidate should be familiar with Water & Waster Water Treatment plants and lift stations.
- Strong understanding of instrumentation required.
- Strong understanding of Control System Design and Project Execution.
- P.E is a strong plus.
- Strong Communication Skills are required.
- Four-year technical degree in engineering from school of engineering and technology or technical institute or 5 year relevant work experience.
- 5 or more years of experience with Simatic 505 Hardware and AB ControlLogix PLCs.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and excellent communication (written and oral) skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, technical, and functional skills with the ability to multi-task and be willing to learn.
- Must be able to work collaboratively and cooperatively, take direction, work well in a team environment, and interact with all levels of management, engineering, systems, operations and field personnel.
- Performance bonus
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
- Career Growth Opportunities and Training
- A requirement of working for TIGA is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in the U.S. A copy of a valid work permit may be required.
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some TIGA positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions.
- Periodic travel within the U.S. to client sites and regional TIGA offices will be required
- Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing and background checks may be required for our client worksites
In addition to rewarding job opportunities and continuous growth, we offer an enjoyable working environment, where teamwork and respectful collaboration is highly valued. We offer the benefits of a midsized local office atmosphere backed by a large network of highly skilled professionals.
TIGA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among TIGA’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties, including women; Indigenous persons; members of visible minority groups; and persons with disabilities.