LOCATION: Lafayette, LA or Houston, TX
POTENTIAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Experience with object-oriented programming in Java or C#
- Experience building backend RESTful web services with Java or C#
- Experience in all phases of the software development life cycle
- Understanding of full-stack development concepts
- Experience as a technical lead overseeing development project using agile methodologies
- Responsive web design
- Angular 2+/Bootstrap/Typescript/ RxJS
- Frontend build and package management tools (npm, Gulp, Webpack)
- Java 8 and Spring Boot
- SQL/NoSQL databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB)
- Distributed big data environments (Hadoop, Spark)
- Data science and machine learning techniques
- Microservices architecture
- Docker and container environments/deployments
- Kubernetes or similar PaaS for containers
- Automated testing, stubbing, mocking and other TDD concepts
- DevOps and continuous integration/build automation tools like Jenkins
- Git and GitFlow
- BS in Computer Science (CMPS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Electrical Engineering (EE) or equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of degree/education requirements.
- Eight (8) years’ experience building and supporting enterprise web applications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook).
- Must be a detail-oriented, results-driven individual with a commitment to quality, accuracy and the ability to organize and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and excellent communication (written and oral) skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, technical, and functional skills with the ability to multi-task and be willing to learn.
- Must be able to work collaboratively and cooperatively, take direction, work well in a team environment, and interact with all levels of management, engineering, systems, operations and field personnel.
- Strong leadership experience, technical go to person.
- Ability to multitask and demonstrate flexibility in managing multiple projects.
- Performance bonus
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
- Career Growth Opportunities and Training
- A requirement of working for TIGA is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in the U.S. A copy of a valid work permit may be required.
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some TIGA positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions.
- Periodic travel within the U.S. to client sites and regional TIGA offices will be required
- Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing and background checks may be required for our client worksites
In addition to rewarding job opportunities and continuous growth, we offer an enjoyable working environment, where teamwork and respectful collaboration is highly valued. We offer the benefits of a midsized local office atmosphere backed by a large network of highly skilled professionals.
TIGA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among TIGA’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties, including women; Indigenous persons; members of visible minority groups; and persons with disabilities.