LOCATION: Denver, Houston, or Lafayette
Job may be defined as that of a Technical Lead. This job involves:
- Maintain positive working relationship by communicating in a manner so that you get along with co-workers, clients, and management.
- Responsible for the technical delivery of services and supervises 1 to 10 Systems Engineers, Integrators, or Associates.
- Responsible for working with other leads to propose resource allocations and utilization to the Business Unit Manager.
- Communicate effectively and proactively to project team and customers with any concerns, problems or technical discussions that may impact project.
- Scope, Price, and Present Details Project Plan for implementation and execution of multiple SCADA technologies.
- Perform all technical tasks associated with SCADA User Interfaces, SCADA Polling Engines, Historians, Security, and System Architecture (On-Prem or Cloud).
- Work closely with customers as well as product management, support, delivery, engineering, and marketing teams.
- Provide consultation, design input, and feedback for product development and design reviews across multiple organizations and architectures.
- Collect product feedback from field interactions in order to provide input into Engineering and Product Management, to influence product roadmap direction.
- Maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, clients, and managers.
- Effectively communicate to project teams any concerns, problems or technical discussions that impact projects, in a proactive manner.
- Know and understand scope of work, criteria, and project standards.
POTENTIAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Able to technically lead between 1 to 5 projects at a time and report to Business Unit Manager on all projects.
- Strong experience with the following technologies: CygNet, Wonderware, Ignition, Iconics, Kepware, AutoSol.
- Strong understanding of telecommunications, industrial networks, and various types of EFMs and RTUs: ABB TotalFlow, Emerson ROC, AB ControlLogix/MicroLogix/CompactLogix PLCs.
- Strong experience with MS SQL Server and Developing SQL Queries based on Requirements.
- Strong experience with communication protocols for base-level devices: Modbus, Modbus TCP, OPC, DNP3, etc.
- Experience in the implementation and requirements of large-scale SCADA systems for the Oil & Gas Industry in Upstream and Midstream sectors.
- Experienced in planning and performing FAT, SAT, and on-site commissioning.
- Executive communication skills with internal leaders as well as external partners and customers.
- Experience as a hands-on technical practitioner/specialist in client facing roles in large enterprises and demonstrated client facing consulting skills, including building strong client relationships.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at the most senior organizational levels.
- Flexible enough to handle a diverse set of activities daily and adaptable to ever-changing priorities.
- Four-year technical degree in engineering from school of engineering and technology or technical institute or five (5) years of relevant work experience.
- Three (3) or more years of experience (preferred).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook).
- Must be a detail-oriented, results-driven individual with a commitment to quality, accuracy, and the ability to organize and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and excellent communication (written and oral) skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, technical, and functional skills with the ability to multi-task and be willing to learn.
- Must be able to work collaboratively and cooperatively, take direction, work well in a team environment, and interact with all levels of management, engineering, systems, operations, and field personnel.
- Ability to multitask and demonstrate flexibility in managing multiple projects.
- Position will primarily work in a typical office environment but is expected to travel to project sites occasionally.
- Subject to time pressures and constraints and is also dependent on input from others.
- Subject to a background check, as well as drug and alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations.